Moments With The Elephants Of East Africa

A Page From My Notebook: Bringing The Thunder.
As storm clouds roll in so does this elephant family. They are letting me know exactly who is in charge.

I am probably best known for photographing elephants. I have photographed them in Zambia and Zimbabwe, Botswana, Tanzania, and South Africa.  In each country the elephants are different. The environment they live in is drastically diverse in each country on the continent of Africa. In Kenya, there is the open land of Amboseli National Park. Here the herds are vast.

On safari, I keep a journal, a sort of photographic notebook. These are all personal memories for me. In each photograph, I wanted to capture the moment as I remember it, as I saw it, and more importantly as I felt it.

egret on an elephant

A Page From My Notebook: The Company Of Elephants.
A small cattle egret, taking a rest or catching a ride, I am not sure which.

group of elephants

A Page From My Notebook: Mutual Respect
I accidently found myself in the middle of a small group of elephants walking to catch up with the herd that was on the opposite side of where I was sitting.

wild kenya elephant

A Page From My Notebook: Wild Kenya
With a quick sharp turn, and a head thrown confidently to the side, I am told exactly the way it is.  Africa does not belong to me.

elephant's eye
Share with your friends!

12 Comments

1. Katie @ Nonbillable Hours says:

These photos are amazing.

2. Not only beautiful photos, also I think that is a great post. Well write with true passion about this wonderful animals.

3. Robert @ Amboseli Elephant safari says:

You never get enough watching these gentle giants in amboseli national park. Amazing animals and there are more than 1500 elephants in amboseli which have been studied for more than 30 years by Cynthia Moss team…They say they can now identify each of them by name.

4. Rifal Krakatoa says:

waw amazing,I’ve never seen before.

5. WoW what an incredible experience and those photos are absolutely beautiful.

6. Beth @ Tropic Holidays says:

Wow! Incredible photos – the sepia effect makes them really atmospheric. Love the close up of the elephant (last photo), they are such beautiful, wise animals.

7. Alex Gibson says:

A flying safari over Amboseli National parke gave me a wonderful view of elephants in the swamps that I can’t get enough of. Though so big, there beauty never ceases to amaze me, thanks for the wonderful pictures 🙂

8. Arjun singh says:

oooowwwwwww it’s reallllyyy nice i like your picccccccccccc.

9. you have made be an instant fan….love your photography

10. girlshowtoimpress.com says:

what incredible and beautiful photos! unfortunately there not so many pictures like these left…hope they weren’t disturb by any human

11. Wow. Just wow. Thanks for posting these. Looking at them is liking being taken to a whole other world.