Around The Bay On A Sunny Day – Newfoundland, Canada

Shares
Around The Bay On A Sunny Day – Newfoundland, Canada

I took a spontaneous road trip on a gloriously warm, sunny day in April. The scenic beauty of the Central Newfoundland, CANADA, is evident as soon as you look out your car window. The bright blue sky scattered with perfectly fluffy clouds combined with 20+ degree Celsius temperatures made for a great day taking photos. With my camera by my side, the windows rolled down, the salty ocean breeze blowing around in the car, I found myself stopping to take pictures of several coves along the way.

Bergy Bits in the cove catch the sunlight and reflect the brilliant blues of Mother Nature.

IMG 6483 ICE Around The Bay On A Sunny Day   Newfoundland, Canada

What the locals drive by every day, quickly become special images for photographers to capture as reminders of the beauty their eyes have witnessed.

IMG 6554 BOAT Around The Bay On A Sunny Day   Newfoundland, Canada

The lobster fishing pots are stacked on the wharfs awaiting their journey to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.

IMG 6493 LOBSTERPOTS Around The Bay On A Sunny Day   Newfoundland, Canada

A precariously placed bench can give a passerby a spot to rest…

IMG 6551 BENCH Around The Bay On A Sunny Day   Newfoundland, Canada

…as they enjoy the view.

IMG 6542 VIEW Around The Bay On A Sunny Day   Newfoundland, Canada

The wharfs’ colorful sheds, referred to as stages, remain inactive as they await the start of the fishing season in the Atlantic Ocean.

IMG 6595 BLUESTAGE Around The Bay On A Sunny Day   Newfoundland, Canada

The friendly people, rugged coastline, and scenic views, make anywhere around the many bays of Newfoundland a favorite place for me to spend a day.

IMG 6589 COVE ICE BOAT 730x486 Around The Bay On A Sunny Day   Newfoundland, Canada

Tags: , ,

About Tina Dean

Tina Dean Tina is an avid hiker and nature enthusiast. Living in picturesque Newfoundland, CANADA, her adventures take her through thick forests, along fast flowing rivers, and next to crashing ocean waves always with the chance of photographing the majestic wildlife of the area. Her passion for nature has brought forward a fire for photography.

Connect

Follow on Twitter Connect on Facebook Find on Google+ View all Posts

9 Responses to "Around The Bay On A Sunny Day – Newfoundland, Canada"

1. Melissa @ Suitcase and Heels  September 23, 2013 at 15:41

I love the photo of the bergy bits. I have to stop and remind myself sometimes that I live in a really beautiful place and not everyone has that. Sometimes the ice and snow in May gets me down.

2. Robert Wilson  May 18, 2013 at 15:12

A fantastic series of photos Tina, you live in a beautiful part of the world.

• Tina Dean
      Tina Dean  May 19, 2013 at 14:04

Thanks Robert. Your part of the world is very beautiful too!

3. TheTuscan  May 17, 2013 at 21:42

The last piece of America before the Atlantic.
    All seems so quiet.

• Tina Dean
      Tina Dean  May 19, 2013 at 14:05

Thanks! I am planning to spend some time this summer taking more photos of Newfoundland. You will get to see a lot more of this area. :)

4. Maegan  May 17, 2013 at 14:11

Beautiful photos Tina!
    I’m so glad you enjoyed Central Newfoundland’s beauty.
    What are the locations of some of these beautiful coves?

• Tina Dean
      Tina Dean  May 17, 2013 at 18:41

Thanks Maegan. I took those photos for the mere joy of the scenery. I did not think to write down there names. But, I was travelling to Twillingate. Rather than chance a wrongly named cove, I will leave them blank. However, I am now armed with a GPS that will now become my location namer. :)

5. weekendroady  May 17, 2013 at 14:06

Great stuff! Been meaning to get out to Newfoundland – one of the two provinces I’m missing. I also want to get to Labrador as well, so I guess, in my mind, I’m missing three. Amazing how icy it is there in April, but it was a longer winter than usual.

• Tina Dean
      Tina Dean  May 17, 2013 at 18:45

Thank you for the comment. The harbour ice is generally around for most of April / May, but, it can quickly be blown out of the coves and set adrift at any particular point in time. It is a very scenic area of Canada. I an very fortunate to have this opportunity to share where I live with others. I hope that if you can’t visit at this time, my photo give you some motivation to plan that trip! :) Check back for future posts!